ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Moments when I'm glad I'm a Mommy:

When she's just woken up in the morning, had a clean diaper and her first bottle, and when I put her down in the prop'n'play. And her eyes open wide and her face lights up with joy. The same joy that I feel when I hold her sleeping in my arms, and she smells like a Sweet Girl. This is when I believe in God. This is when I believe that my entire life suddenly has a meaning. This is the same sort of serenity I found when I lay on my husband's chest one afternoon and realized that I was perfectly content to stay there for the rest of my life.

Comfort
Fulfillment
Peace

Those black times, the depression and the long sleepless painful nights; they don't mean shit compared to this. And I'd gladly suffer it all if I can only remember that these moments occur. A second or two of happiness? It's worth a week of insomnia and flashbacks. Just to see my baby smile.

No comments: