ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Friday, October 28, 2005

My fingers are prunes. They've been chopped and squeezing and juicing lemons, and celery, for about an hour now. Right now I'm taking a break, cause I want to get off my feet and drink some water for the first time this morning.... No, that's not a good thing. I'd like to get as much done as possible so that I can hopefully take the night off without guilt.

The kitchen smells awfully good, though. Fresh lemons, fresh celery. It smells like produce, and not like old milk residue. Yesterday it smelled like bread. I could get used to this, with a little effort. I really hope that the meds work. I really want to get some of my strength and energy back. I am tired of being an invalid. It seems that I've been one for the past year, ever since I got pregnant and my blood pressure started going up, and all my hormones going out of their skull.

Last night I got out to the Farmer's Market down on Central Ave, and I picked up some fresh veggies. The lemons were an impulse. I need to get the vitamins, though, and isn't it better to get them fresh? I made lemonade with half of them. Not sure yet about the other half; I may just juice them down and freeze for later. My hands smell so good right now, after this morning's work, that I may put off mincing the onions until tomorrow. Why mess with such a good smell?

Coming to realize that I REALLY LIKE fresh citrus smells...

No comments: