ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Sharing is our friend. Today I realized that, once again, I need to learn to keep my hands off when the Boy is taking care of the KittyCat. It's not fair to either of us. It's insulting to him. Like, I don't trust him. When it's really myself that I don't trust.

She's got baby hemmorhoids right now. And it's painful for her, and for me watching her, and what can I do to help that won't hurt her more? Baby stool softeners, and apple juice in her bottle, and lots of holding.

It's a sobering thought that sometimes the only thing I can do to make it better is to hold her. There's a moment when every child learns that their parents aren't perfect- there's another moment when you learn that despite all your intentions Mommy can't fix some things- I'd give my right arm to be able to, but I can't.

Another day in paradise, and this one is tinged with the coming chill of winter.

No comments: