ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Thursday, October 20, 2005

While wasting time on the Net this week I stumbled over some very odd super-conservative sites. While I may not agree with their philosophy I certainly embrace some of the points made. For instance, I take great pride in baking good bread and cooking for my family. Also in being thrifty and managing our resources well. Squirreling away pennies here and there in an effort to build a little nestegg, so that when the tight times come again I can deal better- that I won't worry how to afford things that my family needs. When our pockets and accounts are empty and I have to tell my husband this, I feel like such a failure. I can only see that getting worse when KittyCat gets older and starts asking for things.

Today's errand out of the house was to pick up her meds and drop off my current batch of preemie blankets at the NICU. It felt very good to be able to give something back at last, after they gave me so much support and help when we needed it. They're still helping. I still pop in to see the social worker there every couple of weeks, and I appreciate that ability... She deserves a raise.

No comments: