ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Saturday, October 01, 2005

My baby girl is 5 months old now. I'm not ready for this! She's too young to be that old. I haven't been a mother that long! (So, why exactly does it feel like longer?) When I look at her sweet little chubby face, and I see her smiling up at me, I can't help but feel this overwhelming happiness inside. It's a good thing.

Last night I got to go out for an evening by myself. It was wonderful. I had a very good time at a potluck over at church, and there were games afterwards. The only down point was when I thought to myself "this is fun" and then followed that thought with "how will I manage this sort of thing when the Boy's deployed again?"

In the meantime, I've got a special afternoon planned for a family meal and movie, and whether or not we actually get a babysitter lined up for going to see Serenity this weekend doesn't matter as much. Because we've had fun, and spent time together, and it's all good :)

No comments: