ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Thursday, October 27, 2005

I've got to be nuts.

I woke up at 5 this morning with KittyCat, and did the normal early morning routine. We cuddled, grinned, giggled, smiled a lot, made funny faces at each other- oh, and we changed her diaper, fed her first bottle, burped... You know, the normal stuff.

Then while she was happily playing on the floor at my feet, I decided to do the baking. So now I've got two loaves of bread finishing the bake process in the oven, and smelling YUMMY and making me a little bit hungry, and I'll grant you that this is an excellant way to start a gray and overcast drizzly day. But still. I'm exhausted, and still a little bit loopy from all the news meds that are running around my body saying "Who are you? Who are you? Are you what I'm here to replace? Go on, out of here, here's the pink slip and don't let the door smack you in the ass on the way out."

Hey, I haven't gotten sick to my stomach yet today. That's an improvement.

Today we're going to story hour at the library. It's going to be the KittyCat's second time there, and I hope that today she spends less time with her face pressed into my boobs trying to hide. I'm looking forward to it. To not feeling so isolated, like I'm the only mom in the world that sits at home in her pjs until noon because I feel too crappy to get dressed and I've got to save all my strength for playing with the baby. Who is the light of my life, and who makes getting out of bed this week worth it.

No comments: