ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

on the road again

Mixed feelings about traveling are such a pain in the neck. Literally. Last night I slept wierd and woke up with a stiff neck on the left side. So the month in PA is up and I'm going home tonight to my cozy little apartment in San Diego. Where the humidity is less than the heat index, and where the skies are clear and blue after 9 o'clock in the morning almost every day of the week. On the return flight, I also find that I am not dealing with a small child. Which makes me both happy and sad. Happy, because I can get through security without acquiring fifteen new bruises from the car seat and the child, juggling one over the other and God help me if I drop either. Sad, because without my lap warmer on the airplane I may be cold. She's better than a blanket. All cuddly and warm and soft. Also, I don't get priority boarding without her.

I do, however, get to amuse myself for the whole flight. I don't have to worry about shushing her through take off and landing; we won't have diapering emergencies or feeding emergencies to deal with. I will get to sit back and watch the inflight movie and relax. Maybe I'll take a nap. Either way, it's going to be different and I fully intend to enjoy this trip to the hilt.

1 comment:

Diana said...

You are so brave! I haven't flown with Leah yet and I'm terrified to try.

And your blog is so aptly named. I grew up in SD (near Mission Bay) and I miss it daily!