ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Friday, July 28, 2006

raindrops and lemon drops

I woke up to the hot sticky swelter that I used to be way too familiar with. Didn't I move to SD to get away from this kind of heat/humidity mix? Oh, wait, no I didn't. I moved here to be with my Boy. WHO ISN'T HERE TODAY. /sigh. At least I've got him on the Net. Last night we had a really great exchange, which went something like

"I'm SO drunk right now" me
"You're a cute drunk." him
"I'm a cheap drunk" me
"I love you too, now go to bed" him

I'm paraphrasing a bit, but that was basically how the conversation went for three hours.

So how do I cope with this sludge of a day? I don't want to run the AC for the next three days, cause I'd rather not have a $100 electric bill this month. Normally it's only 20 bucks, and I'm so thrilled at only paying 20 a month for my gas/electric, that the prospect of paying anything more makes me throw up a little in the back of my throat.

It's off to the library. And the pool. And I'm going to spend a lot of time laying still in whatever patch of breeze I can get. And in the in between times when I can't manage it, I'm going to have to turn on the AC. It's not going to kill me.

Lucky us- we'll only have this weather for a few days at most. Back east we'd have this weather for a few months straight.

No comments: