ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Monday, April 09, 2007

How is it possible that I'm sitting here drinking my tea and idly watching the birds out the window? There's a ton of stuff to do today. In addition to the normal chores, I want to clean out the mudroom area. And put away some laundry from the dryer.

Laundry may quickly become the bane of this week. There's just so darn much of it. I did a bunch this weekend, then another two loads yesterday, and then the Boy cleaned up his corner of the bedroom and came up with another two loads. Wow. That's all I have to say, just, Wow.

The fritatta I threw together on Friday turned out spectacularly better than I had hoped. I was hoping for something at least edible for one meal. I turned out with a pan full of quiche consistency, savory, FOOD. Not just edible, but Food Quality edible. I blame the Food Network for this. I fell asleep on the couch once while they were running a marathon session of egg and cheese dishes, and this is what happens. They brainwash unsuspecting women while they're worn out by wifely duties.

Please note: wifely duties no longer means what it used to mean in a biblical sense. These days it's more about making sure the oil is changed regularly, there's always milk and bread in the fridge, and clean underwear for all every day. If I ever ran for office I'd get so much done. Any housewife would kick butt in office- especially if they've ever been a housewife. Toddlers are much more unforgiving and intolerant than reporters. For one thing, they're armed with poop, pee, and strained carrots.

No comments: