ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Friday, April 13, 2007

My crazy daisy dishes should get here soon, replacing their broken mates in my life and in my cupboard. I'm sitting here, waiting around, and it's amazing... of course, how much of that is due to the muscle relaxants recently prescribed my the amazing doctor who unstuck my shoulder?

It's like Bill Engvall said in regards to acupuncture: if you're going to get it done, go to an oriental person to do it. I know that it's a stereotype, and it's racial profiling, but seeing as my shoulder is now completely unknotted by his application of acupressure points, I don't care. The pain went away for today. I can move my shoulder up and down and back and forth without having to use the other arm to manipulate it.

Tomorrow the dosage is going to be higher; tonight he started me on a smaller dose to ease into it and because I had to drive a bit this afternoon. Tomorrow and Sunday I'm on the major dose four times a day, and I'm not to operate heavy machinery or my food processor. Talk about your lost weekends. Most people my age accomplish it through partying, drinking, or recreational pharmaceuticals. Me? I just strain/pull my muscles and when it is determined that I didn't do it in a stupid fashion (toting a toddler is not stupid, it's practical AND fun) I get Nice Things.

I wonder if this means that my Boy will give me flowers on Mother's Day this year. Or, like, acknowledge it in some way. Last year it slipped his mind completely. In his defense (and I consider it a perfectly good reason for forgetting) he was in the middle of the ocean and the reason why he should be giving me an extra card and hug (the two year old that this minute is in her crib playing with the Noisy Elephant that her grandma gave her) was not in view.

This year he will be changing her diapers.

1 comment:

Wildflower said...

My mother just died a short time ago - and I have lots of beautiful dishes and items just waiting to be shared with family women who would like to lovingly use it in their own homes.