ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My idea of a lost weekend is something about 180 degrees off what I ended up with. I was hoping for a leisurely couple of days in bed, or on the couch, in a boneless and painless position. What I ended up with was a couple of days on my knees praying that my hair wasn't going to end up in the stream of spew.

On the bright side, that's all over now. The massive muscle relaxers seemed to have accomplished nothing at the large dose except make me incredibly sick. I got completely off them, and now I'm gingerly starting back up again at the mini-teeny-tiny dose. So far no sick. Let's go with that.

Yesterday I felt all nostalgic and cooked up a pot of chicken corn soup. To the old recipe, although I did improvise a bit by adding a bunch of chopped up carrots. That was good. Today's variation on the leftovers from this? I'm gonna thicken it up into a nice gravy/stew and serve it over fresh bread. Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

No comments: