ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Now that I've slept I feel a bit calmer. I just have to remember not to think about the commissary ever again.

Last night while I was at the store that WAS OPEN buying my milk and cheese I was able to get at the same time, packets of basil and parsley seeds. I thought about starting some dill as well, but lets face reality folks. I just am not using dill right now. This makes the starting of dill seeds a bit silly.

What's not silly? I broke a bowl. Now we're down to 6 bowls of the original 8 corelle handmedowns that we started housekeeping with. This... causes some mixed feelings. It makes me want to go out and start picking out a new pattern of corelle for everyday. It makes me want to cherish the remaining bowls. It makes me want to run right out to a thrift shop and try to find replacements for these items. In this age of 'Net shopping, it would be easier than ever. Just scoot right on over to ebay and take a look around...

If I replaced the bowls it would be cheaper than buying new everyday dishes. I don't even have to replace them- I hardly ever have more than 2 and a half people sitting down to meals in this house. I don't need it. I want it. The difference is right in my face. I can't ignore it. I can't pretend it will go away. Need or Want. Honestly? It's a want. It's an awfully big want. But if I put off the expense until later, it will no doubt mean more to me.

No comments: