ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Words heard upon leaving bible study this evening... "Ooh! Dinner!" as a churchmember raced to scoop up a dead pigeon in the gutter.

Now, to put this into perspective, she meant it was to be dinner for the small herd of feral kitties that live out her way. Non-diseased, freshly deceased, and the like. It still sounded wrong when it hit my ears.

Another moment that was just wrong was when I walked into the house to have the Boy look up at me brightly and say, "I know that she didn't electrocute herself, because she's still alive."

Statements like that... payback. Payback for all the times I throw out those sort of comments at others just to get a sick thrill out of watching them go "huh?" Payback for the warped sense of humor that I delight in every day of my life. I gave him full marks for that.

In the meantime it's been another weekend accomplished. When I get offline tonight I'm going to hang up my knitting needles and snuggle down into bed. I'm also going to work on that elusive thrill, Sleep. Tomorrow is another day, another week, another chance to work on expanding my social life (such as it's not) and maybe, just maybe, leave the house a bit. I'd leave the house more except for two things. One, the lack of self-confidence in my own worth and personality to go out and join other like-minded individuals. Two, the intermittant strange health problems I experience. The second part may or may not be in my head, but it's real enough to make me literally pass out cold for several seconds if I overdo things. And no, I haven't seen a doctor about it yet. Maybe next week I'll be brave enough to make an appointment.

No comments: