ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Halloween the movie

Of scary movies, my favorite was a little known film called "the Nun". I'm always curious as the the backstory to series, to stories, I want to know what makes these characters do the things they do. On one level it makes it more accessible to me. On another level, it helps distract from the visual.

That's what the majority of horror movies are all about. There's a story, and there's the visual that makes girls jump into their boyfriend's laps. This is a well-accepted part and parcel of courtship... I remember quite a few films in which I turned to the Boy for my snuggles.

Halloween the movie by Rob Zombie is being released very soon. I've just started to see trailers on tv and the Net. This is one of them, in case you've somehow missed it:


What Rob Zombie is bringing to this movie is introducing you to the beginnings of the Halloween mindset. Where did it begin, where did Mike Myers start to terrorize people? And maybe on a more important side, why? Now, I've not seen the Halloween movies. I have only a passing familiarity with the premise; but this one intrigues me and makes me want to find out more. Plus the music will be cool, the visuals and choices of what parts to really emphasize; I'm not sure I can think of anyone else in the genre as able to do it as he is.

I'll be trying to talk the Boy into coming with me, to sit in the back row and hold me hand...

No comments: