ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Friday, August 24, 2007

Like a lot of people, I obsess over my weight. Unlike a lot of people, I often obsess that I can't keep weight on to save my life. This, despite the doctor telling me that I'm overweight (um, yeah, but have you looked at the size of my boobs? Those extra twenty/thirty pounds you want me to lose- that's where it is. And how is making the rest of me skin and bones going to make it better?)

The last time I was pregnant I gained a total of three pounds- from first appt to the admitting weight the day before I gave birth. This time, the six pounds I gained in the first month was lost by the beginning of the third. I'm maintaining ever since, I think. I also think I should get a scale to help track this, but how will that keep the anxiety down?

In the meantime, Her Highness demands the full and undivided attention of the two adults in the house this morning. My 'Net work is going very slowly; usually I can get it all done by this point. But today? Noooo. I'm still not done all that I need to do- visit blogs to find new material, leave comments, increase the general Blog presence which will in turn fuel more traffic to this site which will mean more people clicking the Ads as well as more paid opps, more paid opps meaning more bills get paid and dry goods stockpiled for the new baby, more paid surveys to do the same, and etc so on so forth yadda yadda bing bong...

I guess this means I'm more of a self-employed WAHM than a SAHM. I'm taking what I can in a manner that lets me earn some money for the household while meeting my other responsibilities. This also puts me more into the Mommy Wars than I really want to be. Can we call off the war yet? More thoughts on that later...

No comments: