ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Friday, August 10, 2007

One thing that I learned by watching Good Eats, and which was seriously reinforced by the way in which I'd like to run this house, is that a unitasker really has no place in it. It goes for my appliances, my wardrobe (except for the fuzzy pink slippers), and my medicine cabinet -well, there are a few things in the cabinet that are serious unitaskers. Like the Nyquil. And all prescription drugs. But as far as antibiotic/topical salve/burn/bite/etc stuff? I do not want to deal with ten different creams and lotions. I hate having to guess at which I think is going to work. And what if it's a combination injury? One cream warns not to get it into an open wound. Another says do not apply to burns. What if I spent the day at the park, got a massive sunburn on my leg, and skinned my knee? My solution to this is melagel. A nifty little thing that has the tea tree oil, and the petroleum jelly stuff to keep the good stuff in and the bad stuff out of the wound. Because another thing I really can't stand is having to apply a huge bandaid to a minor scrape/scratch/ anything non-seeping that does not require a bandaid as containment. I've found that exposure to air helps most of my wounds heal better. Also, I've got a toddler who immediately gravitates towards anything unusual sticking to me, and who tries to either put it in her mouth or yank it off. Cute when it's jewelry or a new barette. Not so cute when it involves pain and injury.

No comments: