ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

desparately seeking dramamine

IF depression is full of highs and lows, resembling the ocean waves, and
IF one must ride these waves to keep from drowning
THEN I need a little help to keep from getting seasick.

This is why I take my meds every morning. It's a reasonable solution. It's also the only thing that seems to work on a consistant basis.

This morning started out on a good foot. However, I'm beginning to suspect that it's becoming summer again. The sun wasn't much brighter than any other morning lately. The heat isn't any higher that I've noticed. Despite this, one hour out of the house this morning has made me start to lag. Tiffany is practically wilting. She's asleep now, and I'm going to let her sleep through the heat of the day right now. She's not used to it. This is the second summer she's been alive, and it takes getting used to. After all- she is my daughter.

I've battled heat sickness since I was born. Literally. I can go from cool and comfortable to overheated and minor sunstroke in under five minutes under the right conditions of a mid-atlantic summer. That's when the temps are 90-90. 90 degrees, and 90 percent humidity, and no chance of rain... Do you believe that I'm so stubborn that it's only been in the past three or four years that I've not run myself into the ground on a weekly basis during the summer? The Boy did that for me. He made me realize, finally, that I couldn't take care of myself or anybody else if I was laying in a puddle. Plus, the whiteness of my skin scared the shit out of him.

Knowing this, it's now my mission in life to keep my daughter from having to go 20+ years before she figures it out. It's also my mission to teach her the survival strategies early on. She's going to stand a chance.

No comments: