ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Thursday, June 22, 2006

sleepless in san diego

Insomnia sucks. It's that old sleeplessness right now. Even though my body is crying out for the sweet unconsciousness of sleep, I can't relax enough to get there. So I'm sitting here in the middle of the night wondering if I dare take a sleeping pill to help ease the transition. Will it help? Yes. Do I want to feel like I'm relying on chemicals to get the rest? No.

I don't know how I do this sometimes. I don't remember how I used to be able to do this night after night and still function. Sleep has become unbearingly precious to me since Tiff was born. I'm ready to embrace my slothful self. Sleep! Shuteye! Wonderful things! The Precious!

We are tricksy, oh yes we are. Tricksy Mama. This is how I find Tiff's tickle spot and mock-growl into her belly until she shrieks with laughter. It is one of the most rewarding moments of my entire life, and I can't imagine never knowing it.

No comments: