ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Is it not totally bizarre how much our kids act like us? The early years are so full of uncomplicated behaviors. If they avoid eye contact, they can pretend they never heard us. If they don't acknowledge us, they think they can continue to do whatever they want without repercussions.

My baby girl is the light of my life. She's stubborn and outright defiant on so many aspects. But when she first wakes up in the morning she's generally content to sit next to me and share a bowl of cereal while watching her Tubbies. Today she sat next to me, but after a few minutes she sidled closer, and closer, and finally found herself snuggling under my arm with her head almost in my lap. Good moments. I could have stayed like that forever. Then the episode ends, and she smiles at me, and then it's off to whatever other adventures lay in wait for her.

My own. My precious.

No comments: