ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Thursday, September 27, 2007

A short followup based on my Sept 10th post .

The Little Bit is now grounded. Seriously. This afternoon I had one child gouging bloody red marks in my shoulder in her displeasure that I would not let her run wild through the library, and the other one kicking something somewhere that caused intense lower back pain. Which still hasn't let up, incidentally. And since I cannot do anything productive to fix these event-specific behaviors the unborn child is grounded and the toddler is tucked in bed a trifle early.

My boobs still hurt, in case anyone had a burning need to know that. Who knows why. Perhaps it's the four cups I've gone up within the past twelve months? Perhaps it's the reopening of closed ducts? Everybody run a status check! Drill, people, we need to drill! I pause in my day to bend over and hold them to my chest in an attempt to ease the pain. It doesn't really help. Of course, a two-year old reaching over and grabbing them violently whenever the mood strikes her doesn't help either. I don't know why she does this. Perhaps she sees the size changing and wants to explore this?

At any rate I'm tired. Sore. Tired. My fingers are slowly swelling. I gained a couple of pounds since the last time I weighed in -yippee!- and am renewing my hope that I'll gain more than three pounds from the first week of pregnancy until the day I check into the hospital to deliver this baby. I have hope. I have faith. I have love. I'm a walking billboard for 1 Corinthians 13:13. I even know where my clean towels are.

No comments: