ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mommy has got to get back to exercising. The past couple of months have not been good for that; I've been tired and sick and tired and I just don't want to exercise. Not even the wimpy little minimal program I had figured out for myself. But. Gotta do it. Gotta get back into some sort of shape so that I can at least climb a flight of steps without my knees clicking and my breath panting. I'd like to blame the lack of desire on the pregnancy, but let's be honest here if nowhere else- I just hate exercising.

So what to do? How to begin? Part of it is that I've got to get off my butt and start moving around for 30 minutes a day. The trip to the fridge for snacks does not count. Unfortunately. I wish it did. I wish I was allowed to have donuts and twinkies. More the donut than the twinkie. Because, well, I always want more what I'm not allowed to have. I didn't want twinkies so much until the Boy and the docs told me that I am no longer allowed to be in the same room as one, much less consume it. Which bites. More than that, I didn't even let them know that I hadn't finish a whole twinkie serving. My sugar spiked to nearly 300 with only the majority of a twinkie. And how sad is that, to be proven right about the whole diabetic thing after so many years?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you got cool enough weather to go for walks outside now? It's a great way to spend time with your toddler while getting your exercise in too. Also do not underestimate the power of dancing around the living room with a toddler as exercise.

Unknown said...

Oh, I've heard of plenty of moms who lost weight to the Wiggles! That's cool!

I pretty much hate exercising, too. Even bought an Xbox, so I could DDR - do I do it?

yeah, right.

It's so hard to get motivated!!

I feel ya!