ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm sitting here sipping a cup of Tahiti Tango. That's what the tea packet said, anyway. I take no responsibility for the naming of this tea. It is very delicious though; my favorite color of amber-red in the cup. I didn't even sweeten it, that's how calm I am this morning. Usually I sweeten my teas, this time I didn't. Calmness is a factor this morning because I'm going to drop my Boy off at the base terminal for a military transport to the other side of the country, where he's going to get on a Big Ship for the next 10-14 days. Or so.

It crossed my mind this morning that for the first time in over a year I needed to know emergency contact information for him. When he was ship-based this was not a huge issue. All I needed was the name of the ship, whether or not they were at sea. The naval hospital in Balboa was able to cope. If there was an actual emergency, that was all they needed to know. Now I've got a slew of civilian doctors without that ability, without the military framework to work within, and to be honest I have very little faith in his command to actually do anything in the speed with which I have been accustomed.

I do need to suck this up. It's not a big deal. I'm used to working solo over here; part time single parenting is no biggie. Part time single parenting while Serious Medical Issues are going on is no biggie either, really. I know that my Boy is with me in spirit if not flesh, that he has faith in my judgment, that he'll back me to the wall no matter what happens... I've just been out of the habit now of doing things all on my own for all over 3/4 of a year and it's hard to realize just how comfortably I slipped into that role. Now I've got to start slipping back out of it. While continuing to relax, de-stress, and keep my blood pressure under control.

This is going to be a fun ride.

No comments: