ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Monday, October 01, 2007

I've got all these quasi-romantic ideas about siblings. I believe it comes from being an only child. The Boy does not share these ideas, my mom doesn't either. Maybe they're trying to tell me something.

In my sane-brain I know those ideas are silly. My kids will fight and squabble constantly, more or less, for a long time. The rest of their lives. Someday they'll come to an understanding, even be friends (maybe) but for the majority of the time they live under our roof they'll be competing as they see it for everything. I hope I'm up to the task.

1 comment:

Wildflower said...

I disagree - my siblings and I never fight or argue - there are six of us - we are all extremely close - and my own two children are extremely close - never fought. We teach our family love. Your mom isnt accurate on whatever she told you. And just because you are an only child - you could have had more family around you and saw for yourself, but you have chosen not to. So don't listen to others ... if you raise your own children to be close - so they will. It was not your choice to be an only child.
And maybe "your mom's" family isn't a very good example for you.