ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Friday, October 12, 2007

Ow. When sitting down for a bloodtest, one of the last things you want to hear is "Where are your veins?" Let us be thankful that the tech waited until she found a vein before poking me. One poke, two tubes, and we're all happy people... except for location choice of that particular vein. The hand is not a great place to get poked.

Other than that the appt went pretty much as expected. Adding in a couple of insulin shots to the belly in addition to my nightly dose. Coming back in another week to see how the numbers are progressing. Because as the dietician pointed out in today's class, a woman wants to have a baby and then get to see the baby- not have the baby spend more time in the hospital in NICU. As I can personally attest, the NICU is everything it's cracked up to be. I do not want to do it again. Not this lifetime.

That's worth a little extra care now, right? Right? I think so.

And when the dietician told me that given all my other Things I really did need to consume 30g of carbs in my meals, I almost hugged her. I've been just so hungry all week.

No comments: