ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I get asked why I don't IM with family and friends. I don't think there's one single answer to that, but I'll try to get to the heart of it here. The IM texting language that has grown around this sets my teeth on edge. Grammar suffers, spelling is ignored, and anything I spend more time translating than understanding annoys me when it is ostensibly a language that I speak fluently.

So I email. I email a LOT. I email conversations with the Boy so much that I look forward to having all the in-depth hard relationship conversations when he's away. I've said it before that we communicate best online. Especially on emotional topics. There's no rush in finding the right words or visualizations.

Whatever works, right?

No comments: