ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Saturday, November 10, 2007

So here I am. It's after dinner, the Toddler is being sung to sleep by my mom, the Boy is outside having his after-dinner-pipe, and I'm sitting on the Net trying to think of something relevant to say before admitting that I'm really tired, really hungry, and really disinclined to move my butt off this chair and do something about any of the above conditions.

What do you do with a sleepy Toddler? You wash their face, put them in clean jammies, and tuck them up in bed after a nice cup of chocolatey milk and some wonderful cuddles. You rub noses and give eskimo kisses. You cuddle and snuggle and they get all wonderful warm and sleepy. In the best of worlds, that is. The other side of that is when they're overtired and cranky and don't want to deal with any of it. That is what happens when Tiff starts screaming and crying, and I'm not going to be seeing that tonight because everything is being taken care of by someone else. I should be laying down now. Why am I not?

Good question. I suspect it has something to do with not wanting to move out of this chair. But I'm gonna be good and do what I'm supposed to do, and see everybody in the morning. Pleasant dreams!

No comments: