ss_blog_claim=184bd2836e28b33d25afef8250a42552

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Went to the doctor. Had my first steroid shot this morning; the second gets injected tomorrow. The doctor is hoping that we can delay two more weeks to deliver this baby. How does this make me feel? Not sure yet. I'll get back to you with more information later... after I've rested some more and thought about everything lots.

Steroid injections are recommended if a premature delivery is anticipated. The purpose is to help the baby's lungs mature at an accelerated rate; this will cut down if not prevent entirely the time spent on a vent should premature delivery be called for. The first time I was pregnant I was able to get both shots before delivering, and my 31weeker only spent 1 and a half days on the vent.

Right now I'm 26 weeks pregnant.

No comments: